This video is a quick overview on how to replace a quick strut assembly on a 2000-2006 Toyota tundra and a like year Sequoia
- Upper 3 Nuts 47 Ft. Lbs (On Strut)
- Lower Bolt/Nut 100 Ft. Lbs (On Strut)
- Wheel Lug Nuts 81 Ft.Lbs
- Raise and Support Vehicle
- Remove Wheel (Loosen lug nuts while on the ground)
- Remove Three upper nuts. DO NOT TOUCH CENTER NUT
- Remove Lower Bolt and Nut on Strut/Lower Control Arm
- Remove Strut Assembly
- Install New Strut Assembly.
- Reassemble in reverse order.
If you are having difficulty unbolting the sway bar end link will allow for more clearance on the lower bolt. IF you still need more remove the steering knuckle from the upper control arm. This will allow you to get the lower bolt lined up. Be sure to have a jack under the lower control arm to help support the assembly and raise the strut back into position to meet the top control arm.